Friday, March 27, 2009

Then and Now!

Okay! Okay! I know...It's been a little while. Sorry. It's been a little busy. Okay, not really. Lets catch up!
We have a new President, which was quite the site to see... During the weekend of the Inauguration, Matt and I decided to just settle in for a long winters nap. Leading up to the big day, it was awful to get to work, so the thought of walking in 10 degree weather across the bridge with the rest of the country to stand or not to stand on the mall, well, it just wasn't my idea of a good day off. So, we woke up on Jan. 20, 2009 and watched the makings of history up close and personal...on my couch! I had several friends make the trek, and some made it to the mall and others couldn't quite get to the spot they paid for. I made it to mine! :) So, with that, we have a new president.

I made a new friend, Shelly! Mandy's sister-in-law! They are here for a short amount of time, and I will be so sad when she and her hubs leave me, but that's the beauty of friendship that I have found; when you get a good one, you will always keep in touch. She and her husband Michael have become good "couple friends" with Matt and I. We are mainly their friends b/c they have the cutest little boy in the world, and they have to tag along when we ask Anderson to come over and play. (kidding, sort of) But it has been so fun getting to know her better (or at all really). We are all going to a National's game next weekend together, where I will see Ronnie Deck! I'll let you know how that goes.

My parents came to visit! Valentine's was spent with the people I love; my husband and my parents. We had such a great time. I will have to post pictures when I'm not blogging at work. :)

THEN! My BFF Mandy came to visit! You can visit her blog for pictures! It was sooo fun! Between the two visits, I have a renewed sense of fresh air around me.

The thing is, being in DC, it's easy to become hard and bitter. I HAVE ROAD RAGE for Pete's sake! So, when people you know that are in your comfort zone where you don't have to be someone else, you can just be you, comes to visit; It's a breath of fresh air! SO COME VISIT!

Matt and I have decided to buy a house. Where? We have no idea. When? We have no idea. So, we really are on the right track to making this happen. We have started the process with a Realtor, and the nice thing is, Matt knows what he's doing more than me. The guy was talking about loans and something else, and I think I dozed off a bit. I'll keep you updated.

And with that, I think you are up to speed on the last 2 months of my life. OH WAIT! I started Mary Kay!!! How could I forget that one! It has been a true blessing and I look forward to slapping the stuff on all of your faces! :)

Okay. Now, it's time for lunch. More later (and by later I don't mean 2 months from now)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow! This is a momentous occasion! I can't believe you actually updated your blog. Now Shelly's going to be on you to keep it updated. Glad you're back!

Shelly said...

YEAH!!! How exciting to see your updated Blog! We are going to be sad to leave you guys too. I may not have known you since I was 8 (Mandy!) but you are an awesome person and I'm enjoyed becoming friends with you! Anderson says as long as you promise to pick him up at the gate he'll fly out for weekend visits! ;) I hope your real estate agent can deal with homes in Kansas City, since you are buying our house and moving back to the Midwest where you belong!

Shelly said...

Mandy! I'm the reason she finally updated it! You and your brother update your blogs at a good pace. Like I told Jayna, there are "stay at HOTEL moms" that need something to read! Now we just need to get Marcy in gear!! ;)

Monica said...

So good to hear about what's going on w/ you lady! I never thought I'd hear the name "Ronnie Deck" uttered again - lol:) Good luck on the house hunting - let us know how it turns out!