Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pope and Circumstance...

As you may or may not know...the Pope, or Papal as some call him, was just in town. It was amazing to see a city's/ country's reaction to one man. I have seen Queen Elizabeth on the White House lawn, which was a pretty big deal, but hher arrival to our country was nothing compared to this one man's entry into our great nation. People...THOUSANDS of people trains,plains, and automobiled it into our city to catch a glance at what some call "the connection to God". The city shut down for the days he was here. Metro was offering the "Mass Pass" for the day of Mass, which people started toward at 5 am on that Spring Thursday morning. I must admit, it would have been cool to see such a powerful yet gentle figure of our time, but vacation time is precious to me. Jenn saw the top of his head from the fountain on the White House lawn, but I had to stay behind and work...bummer I KNOW! He road his "Popemobile" all over the city, which would have been just as fun to see as it would have been to see him. We had 46,000 people show up to our Nationals Stadium for the Pope's first Mass on US soil, but still again, the closest I got to seeing him was on my computer screen at work, while catching the action on the live cam on msnbc.com. And yes, Dara, I would have paid money to introduce myself to the Pope as a Hooker! Maybe next time.

4 comments:

Dara said...

Ha! Thanks for indulging my curiosity. Love Your!

Dara said...

So I thought I left a comment, but maybe I'm losing my mind. Anyways, thank you for indulging my curiosity. It is so cool that you've had the chance to experience so much in DC. Now you can come home:)

babyblueeyed girl said...

thats amazing
mad house but cool
im glad you handle so well
your amazing
love you

Kelly T said...

Hey Jayna! It's Kelly Tyson. I found you while blog hopping. Sounds like you've had some amazing experiences in DC!!