Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Things I do for friends...

There is a VERY cool place here in the area that has this huge outdoor amptheater where some incredible concerts are held. They have various artists and types of music throughout the summer from opera to Les Mis to Gladys Knight to Hootie and the Blowfish. It's a very fun place to go and relax on a warm summer night and listen to some great music.
Well, I went with a friend to the Indigo Girls concert. Now, I know a few songs, and by few I mean 2. Soo, as I am sitting there, enjoying the music, I notice I'm one of 3 people out of thousands who don't really know what's going on, but I am just tapping my foot to the music. UNTIL, the ONE song I know begins to play and literally the ENTIRE place erupted. People were to their feet faster than they could say everyone up! It was quite the night, but a great concert! If you ever come to town. Ask someone how to get to WolfTrap.

10 comments:

Dara said...

I'm not going to lie. I love me some Indigo Girls.

Melinda said...

Funny...we have a WolfTrap here in good ol' Oklahoma too; but not nearly as hip, in fact, it is down right sketchy.

OK Chick said...

A month ago I went to the True Colors concert. I thought I knew more of Cyndia Lauper and
B-52's music...I don't. I know about 2 songs from each of them. Needless to say, the people watching was way more entertaining. I think Mr. T saw more at his front row seats. Lindsy Graham

Stacey Cannon said...

Okay, so I know you don't know me and I'm totally blog stalking you....BUT I know your friends!! lol. I actually found you on Melinda's blog, and I'm from Oklahoma and just moved to D.C. too, so I had to just leave a comment and say hey to my neighbor!!! And thanks for talking about the Wolf Trap... :)We'll have to check it out!!! :)
Stacey

Mathias and Craig Families said...

It was so great to catch up on what's going on in your life. It must be crazy being in D.C. right now in the midst of the election & all! We're as far away as can be in Idaho now. I don't know if you know that we moved. Anyway, I love you bunches & hope we can catch up soon! ~wendy.

The Warriors said...

Soooo...what's going on? I liked being able to look at your blog and actually feel like we had been communicating! Is that wierd? Hope things are going well and we miss you TONS!!

Stacey Cannon said...

I just saw you commented on my blog! Thanks to Melinda...I would have missed it!! Yep, they have a Madam Tussauds, and you can get in FREE since you are military!! E-mail me your address, and I'll forward you the USO flyer so that you guys can go for free. It's down off of the Chinatown metro stop...kind of down by the Hard Rock. It's soooo nice to meet you! Where do you guys go to church? We are still searching!!!

Stacey Cannon said...

Okay, I told you to email me but I didn't give you my email address!!! lol staceyr@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I had no idea you posted 72 months ago on my blog until just now! And yes, tooting definitely makes a girl feel relief. How the heck are you? You look like you're having so much fun in DC! I hope to come there and visit someday. You should blog more. All the cool kids are doing it. Remember when we were in college not married at all? MAN WE'RE OLD.

Mandy said...

It's been 3 months since your last post, just wanted you to know.