Monday, December 01, 2008

A week of giving thanks.




I think this little face of my 1 year old niece says it all about our Thanksgiving holiday this year...
It was goooooooooood. I looked like this at one point, but opted not to put my picture up for you to see.
Matt and I escaped DC to the great state of OKLAHOMA! And not just Oklahoma, Ft. Gibson, OK! For me, this quaint little town with two stop lights, is the greatest place to call "home". It was nice to slow down for a minute, catch up with friends and enjoy time with family.
We did everything from eat to shop on Friday (which is a bad idea) to sit in the freezing cold at the OSU/OU game.
On the great day we all were there to celebrate, Thursday Nov 27, 2008, we didn't just do Thanksgiving. When the Perry's get together, it's an extravaganza.
At 12:30 Thursday Nov. 27, 2008 the Perry family celebrated Thanksgiving. There was a ton of turkey, casseroles, stuffing and the always present cranberry sauce. At 1:30 Thursday Nov. 27, 2008 the Perry family celebrated my 29th birthday (the sequel), and finally at 2:00pm Thursday Nov. 27, 2008 the Perry family celebrated Christmas with Matt and I since we will be at the Hooker family's house on Christmas this year. It was quite the day!
Matt experienced his first Bedlam game! For me, there is nothing better than sitting in a sea of orange. It was a great game, but of course we went home saddened the Cowboys couldn't quite pull it off. We couldn't decide which was worse, sitting in the freezing cold or losing the game...


...either way, we had fun!





After a week in Oklahoma and 5 lbs later, Matt and I hopped on a plane or two and got back to DC at 1:30 this morning. It's nice to be back, but now I have to do laundry.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Nice to see that you're back blogging! So you turned 29 again this year huh!? I'm sure I'll be saying the same in 3 years. :) Glad to see you guys while you were here visiting!

The Warriors said...

Welcome back...that picture of you and your mom is absolutely beautiful!! I hope I look that good at your age...er, I mean...HER age!! Love you!!