Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Mr. Hooker...




As most of you know, I'm a Hooker. It's legal now. It's on my social security card. I have proof. However, some think I have made my husband up. He's a myth of my imagination. I promise he isn't. Unlike those who take the HOV lane with their blow up passenger in tow, he's a real person.
I try not to gush too much about him b/c I wouldn't want to make anyone throw up. However, he is more than a wonderful guy, and I consider myself the lucky one to have him in my life. I'm pretty proud of him, like that soccer mom who doesn't want to talk about her kids, but since you asked she's going to tell you everything anyway... That's me. People in my office question whether he knows exactly what he has gotten himself into...then they just shake their heads and say "poor Matt."
The other part of DC that I find interesting is the military life. You don't hear too much about it in the DC area. People know it exists, but no one really talks about it. Having just entered the military life myself, it has become a whole knew world for me. You see, Matt is a "designated" pilot for the US Navy. (I don't know why the "designated" part, but he flies E-2 planes on and off of aircraft carriers, and that's all I know) He is stateside right now, thank the Lord, working just outside of the Pentagon. After Sept. who knows where we will go, but going wherever together is a pretty exciting adventure to think about.
Being a wife of military is so far beyond what I thought it would be. I won't bore you with details, but it's something I never thought I would be a part of. I am so much more aware of the military and who they are, their ranks, what branch, how can you tell their ranks, bases around the world, discounts...the list goes on. I have an ID that gets me on bases, discounts at the movies and even cheaper medicine. I told you there was a lot to take in and I'm definitely doing just that. Matt makes fun of me about some of the things I get excited about in this regard.
Military life has its perks. It also has it's downfalls too, such as living in fear of your husband being deployed, even though you knew this possibility going into the marriage. We don't think about it in day to day life but it's always something that sits in the back of your mind in wonder. In the meantime, I have Matt here with me. My mom used to tell me our love would change after we got married. Who knew she would be right? I love my husband more and more every day. I never thought I would get to have such an amazing man but I consider myself truly blessed to take his name, even if that means being Mrs. Hooker. I think I pull it off. You?

10 comments:

Dara said...

Your the best Hooker I know! I miss those military discounts but not the uncertainty. Here's hoping that Matt gets to stay home with you forever.

Melody said...

So happy for you and Matt. I had heard you got married but that was it. Nobody else could pull of Mrs. Hooker better than you! Glad to hear you are doing well. We are too now that Jaylen is here safe and sound. Merry Christmas!

Kira said...

THANKS so much for the blog comment. I will now be a stalker on your blog. I was at your wedding too btw. I was Matt's guest and I know it was a busy day for you -

Michelle said...

Hey Girl! You'll have to check out the new pictures of Cooper from our 3d ultrasound yesterday, he's sooo cute already! Less then 10 weeks and he'll be here, is this weird to you, it is to me...so crazy!

Walt & Saundra said...

You look amazing!! I'm glad you're a blogger, and you're doing so well! You guys look blissful. :)
Merry Christmas!
Saundra

Kira said...

So - since I just now actually read your postings - I enjoyed. I had no idea what your husband did in the Navy and of course a pilot is always super interesting. Thanks for sharing the details of your life.

Lindsay said...

I am enjoying reading about all your ventures in DC. Miss you here though! I have a blog for Kade if you want to check it out. It is kade-andrew@blogspot.com. Hope you & Matt enjoyed your first Christmas as husband and wife! Love you!!

Mandy said...

I always knew you'd be a hooker someday! You're really good at it I assume?

Jayspee27 said...

I'm not the bragging kind buuut....

Tamika said...

This post made me tear up Jayna! I am so excited for you and I can't wait to meet Matt face to face, bring him to Vienna! I enjoyed reading more about Matt and your new life together!

Love ya