Monday, December 17, 2007

Tis the season to be Merry!





Next to Fall, this is my favorite time of year! It's cold outside, Christmas lights are on, trees are up, Delilah is only playing Christmas music....What more could a girl ask for??
Well, I'll tell you.
For my birthday this year, 29th to be exact, my friend invited me to celebrate the season at the White House this year. So, after thinking about it for a few minutes...not really, I immediately started thinking about what to wear, of course.
Let me tell you, this was one of the most amazing experiences I have had in my life. What an opportunity of a lifetime! There were Christmas trees everywhere. I could walk anywhere in the WH, except the living quarters of course. There was so much food! Drinks! The Presidents Marine Corp Band was playing Christmas tunes in the main hallway.
We walked in from the East Wing, and immideately met and took our pic with the President and First Lady. WOW!!! I was fine, up until it's time to walk into the room where they were. Now I see why they give you a little drink before you go in. I denied my right to do so, but at that point I was regretting that decision. After we did that, we walked up stairs, and we had the best time. I met Josh Bolton, the COS for the President. I even met the chef and was just as pumped to do so as if he were a high powered official making life changing decisions for our country's future. We sat next to an urn which was one of the oldest pieces in the WH. (don't worry, no one was in the urn) I got to go into the Presidential Library, and touch the books or some of the greatest leaders. It's funny that the library sits off of the men's bathroom. I guess it's just in case a man needs some good reading material, but still, it was amusing. It was pretty cool to think about the people who have been there before, and the parties that took place before. Now I am part of that group of people. Did I mention it was snowing outside that night, so it was a true Christmas in DC experience? It was one I will NEVER forget! I was in awe the ENTIRE time!

2 comments:

Gena said...

Jayna, this is Gena and Erick. (Okay, really just Gena, but Erick is looking over my shoulder and laughing at the picture of you at the desk). I found you on Dara's blog. I'm so happy you're doing well in D.C. You look strangely at home, esp. at the White House. I don't know what that means exactly....

So to justify me putting you down as the Hookers on my link list, you need to post a pic of your hubbie. :)

Dara said...

Dear Mrs. Kennedy Onassis Hooker your outfit is fab!