Sunday, February 03, 2008

Lazy days...

Okay, so I haven't been so good about the upkeep of this blog for the month of Jan. That's just b/c it was a pretty boring month.
There were a few things in Jan. that made me turn my head, such as:
Do you remember me telling you about the singing man on the Metro?? The guy that was singing the Christmas tunes, well, turns out it's his ministry!! I see him/hear him all of the time!! Except now, instead of singing Emanuele he sings church songs out of a leather bound song book like the green ones that used to reside at FTG C of C when I was a kid, "Songs of Faith and Praise" to be exact.
One morning he was on my first train, and when I switched he was on that train too. Ironic we were on the same cars?!?!?! At any rate, he was singing songs we used to sing at the nursing homes on Sunday morning. It didn't bother me that he was singing, so much it bothered my that my reaction was so "what is this man doing??" . It was a humbling experience to say the least when he wrapped up his song and these ladies stood and applauded him in his work for his Lord. Right then and there I realized that this is what our faith sharing should be all about. Sure, there are going to be people who scawk and glare, but at least this man was doing something to share his faith. I look forward to the next time he is on my train. Maybe I'll jump in on the alto line...

No comments: