Monday, December 01, 2008

Off to the races...

I don't even know where to begin! After 3 years of living in DC, I went to my very first High Heeled Drag Race. It's exactly what it sounds like... Men dressin' in drag and taking a jog down 17th St. in Dupont Circle. Let me just say it was quite the site to see!! As we stood there freezing, the energy of men in makeup walking the street in a parade like manner showing off their fashion and faces kept us warm all night long! I won't give away the winner, mainly just b/c you don't want to see that picture...but I can say, his heels were more of a wedge which we think is cheating.

Some co workers and I gathered the streets after work for the Dragging extravaganza! I had no idea what I was getting into!


Mary Kay was my favorite (naturally)!


Ace and Gary! (not really drag but still funny)


Michelle Obama made an appearance.


For every Michelle there was a Sarah Palin.


And lest we not forget the women from Texas.


And this is just a taste. All I have to say is if you ever get a chance to witness the drag racing situation, take full advantage! It's like a car crash! You just can't look away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Sarah Palin look-a-like.