Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So few...brain cells

There are very few Bank of America's in the Downtown area. I have to take the Metro to get there from my office. It takes a little time for me to ever find one and get to depositing checks and what not. Every time I venture into a local branch something strange always happens. (I'm sure you're shocked) Well, today, my co worker and I had to both go to the bank. We hopped on the red line to, where, none other than Chinatown. (I held my hair as to not be petted this time)
We have to sit at the bank for a little bit b/c my friend needed to get a signature from a man that didn't quite seem to be in any kind of hurry, b/c we had to sit and wait with this man who seemed harmless and minding his own business. It was fine. UNTIL...
She and I were having a conversation and she used the word "curiouser". Now you and I both know this isn't a real word. She asked me, "Is curiouser a real word?", but before I could even get the words, "I'm gonna go with no on this one" out of my mouth, this guy chimes in randomly with his accent from downunder. "Of course it is. They say it on Alice in Wonderland!" Well, if they say it on Alice in Wonderland, then it must be true. And I'm Tweedldee and she's Tweedleddum! Then he proceeds to tell us all about Alice in Wonderland and how great the book is, we should be reading more, etc. etc. The man we needed the signature from just couldn't call our name fast enough! It was the longest 1/2 hour of my life...a 1/2 hour I can never get back.

3 comments:

rubysubi said...

As "the friend," I heartily agree that the poor bank man needed to hurry up. The craziest part of all this is that we waited 45minutes to do something that took all of 45SECONDS.
*lesigh*

Kira said...

I did not see Alice in Wonderland on your shelf of books

Lindsay said...

You seem to have lots of weirdos in D.C.!! ;)