Monday, June 15, 2009

Arlington

Okay, some of you are wondering about the video. Let me explain...

This guy lives in my building, I think. Our little strip of neighborhoods in N. Arlington are a far cry from hoodville or redneckville U.S.A. It's a very very yuppie little area, where everyone drives foreign cars, goes out to eat, drags around their little dogs like they are children, carries their designer handbags (men included) and no one apologizes for this. Which is fine. I feel safe. I feel poor, but very safe.
So, at least this guy can kind of laugh at the ridiculousness that is N. Arlington. All of what he is rapping about is true from the parking tickets to the starbucks (there is one on every other block). It's really funny, and if you have ever been here to visit me, you know. Mandy has been to the Mall that has almost nothing in it! She can tell you.

No comments: