Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Eddie, are you okay?

As many of you have heard there was a collision yesterday on our beloved Metro on the red line.
I will make another post later, but my last day at Roll Call was on Friday, so I did not ride the metro yesterday for the first time in the 3 1/2 years I have lived here. So, it was TOTALLY a God thing for me and our family.
Officials still don't know what caused the accident, but the investigation is on going throughout today. The report as of this morning is 9 have died and 70ish have been injured. Since this happened during rush hour, there could have been hundreds more, but... it was an inbound train. This just means it was heading into the city to pick people up. Either way, it is a terrible situation that has seemed to have left shaken nerves all throughout the city. We are survivors.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

We were so worried about you and so very thankful God had a different plan for you that day. Thanks for the update.