Friday, May 15, 2009

the 80's are BACK!

First it was the leggings trend, the multi-colored outfit trend, the mini skirt made a brief appearance on some trend, now NKOTB (late 80's early 90's) has made a come back! But, lest we forget my favorite trend, the stereo/boombox on the shoulder trend. I SAW IT TODAY!!!! There was a man, if I'm lying I'm dying, walking down the sidewalk in my neighborhood with the stereo on and tuuuuuuuuuurned up, just sittin' on his shoulder like it was the most normal thing to do on your way to work. He was all kinds of jammin' out. Unfortunately he wasn't listening to "Parents Just Don't Understand" or it would have been picture perfect and I would have had to go buy a scrunchie. It was so funny to see, especially being one who adores the 80's. It just isn't something you see everyday in the streets of my neighborhood. I kind of wanted to give him my ipod and let him know that it's the 21st Century now, but I couldn't. I was too proud of him. LOVE THE 80'S MAN!

4 comments:

Hi, I'm Ginny said...

Oh how I wish I could have seen him. I would have had to go get my own boom box and join him!

Stacey Cannon said...

I don't have your email so I thought I'd leave you a comment here!

I'm actually in Texas right now; I came to get my son from the hospital - HE IS DISCHARGED!!! :) So we aren't in town, but we are still church hunting (when I am home) to find a church closer to Belvoir. So we are visiting different churches farther south. E-mail me so we can chit chat! I feel bad using your blog to send you a message lol!

Jesse, Toni and JAC said...

Hey, Blondie is coming to the Wolftrap - Want to go?

Tamra said...

Shough busted out the word "ghettoblaster" yesterday. I about peed my pants, I was laughing so hard! Rock on, 80s!