Thursday, May 07, 2009

Excuse me, is that your bag?

If you ever ride the metro in DC, which I do at least twice a day, you will here this question come over the intercom at least twice. You also get a friendly reminder from your driver at least once. At least that is usually the case for me.
Well, today, I was on the metro on my way to work and low and behold, there was a bag! It was a suit case that had no one around it. It was just a bag sitting there by the door. People could hardly get on or off the train because of this stupid bag. Well, people started wondering and asking this exact question, "Excuse me, is that your bag?" Everyone and I mean everyone was like, "uh, no." And you could tell that people were kind of getting worried a little about what was going on with this mystery bag. *Pause* When there is a "mystery bag" on the train, they have to off load the train, they shut down the metro station, the bomb squad comes in, they stop traffic, IT'S A MESS!!
*Back to the story*
One stop later, this guy, TWO ROWS away from this bag, in a HUFF goes, IT'S MINE PEOPLE! Breathing annoyingly stomps up to get his suit case and puts it back by his chair. Pissed off that he couldn't leave it unattended...
Well, COME ON MAN! It's post 9/11!!! Of course we are all going to wonder, not to mention, no one wants to be off loaded! The bomb squad thing is kind of cool to watch, but I've got places to go! Don't get pissy b/c you have to keep a hold of your bag. Some people!

ps. this is the 4th day in a row that someone has gotten up and offered me their seat on the metro, and I don't even think I'm showing that much! It's a perk!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I found everyone, especially strangers, to be very friendly and considerate when I was pregnant and it continues when you are pushing a baby stroller too! :)