Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Girlfriends...

My friend Tams is getting married this weekend! I get to escape this city and go back to the land where people are nice! Seriously, I watched a guy flip off another car for NO REASON yesterday!
I am so excited about this weekend! I get to see my girlfriends again, as it has been just over 6 months since our last swah-ray (sp?). It's always a breath of fresh air when I am with them. I can dress incredibly tacky (mumu and all) and I know they hold no judgment...well, maybe a little. There is, for me, no better place than in the presence of my girlfriends. We ALWAYS laugh, maybe shed a tear or two. There are no words to describe our relationship with each other, and our hearts, no matter how far a part we are, are always intertwined with one another. God has richly blessed me with these amazing women in my life.
I am so excited for Tams, as she takes the leap of faith into that deep and abiding relationship with the one she calls her "love". May their marriage be blessed by God's tenderest of hands, giving them the lifetime they hope and pray for together.
It is going to be a fantastic weekend!!! I can't wait to tell you all about it when I get back.
(of course those who actually read this will all be there to witness this all first hand)


(the girls that hold me up)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for the girls!!!!

I'm telling you, I am one seriously blessed chick to have all of your in my heart and in my life.

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Dara said...

So excited. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

I bet you didn't know that Abby (Copeland) Burt regularly clicks over to your little blog via Michelle Young's page. Yep. I do. Sure do.

I keep tabs on you. Is that creepy?

But anyway...

Congrats for Tams! And I hope you had an amazing weekend!

We need to catch up sometime... I miss you!

Katie said...

Reading that made me tear up! Love ya! (in case you have forgotten in the last 10 mintues).