Thursday, March 06, 2008

A night at the theatre in the POTUS box...

Now this is a little silly to be telling you, but it was sooo cool!!!
I was invited by a friend to join her and others at the Kennedy Center to listen to a flutist from the President of the United States box! Okay, this was cool on SOOO many levels...
1.) I had never been to the Kennedy Center before. Matt and I have tried on SEVERAL occasions and have always FAILED miserably. I had heard it was BEAUTIFUL, but I wasn't prepared for breath taking!



2.) I sat in the POTUS' box!! It was beautiful. It had official White House pictures hanging on the walls. The fridge was filled with everything from champagne to water to official White House M & M's (my personal favorite) and much much more!
(did I mention that everything had the presidential seal on it??)


3.)I was with some pretty wonderful people. It sort of turned out to be everyone in the box knew everyone else. (DC is a really small town)





Now, I won't mention the crazy lady in the box next to us, but she made our night all the more interesting to say the very least.
Over all, it was such a great night and one I will always remember!

3 comments:

Dara said...

Do those White House M&M's come out of my tax dollars?

It looks like you had so much fun! Can't wait to see you next week.

Mandy said...

Wow, your hair is like Rapunzel!!!!!!!! You're totally beating me in the long hair competition. It looks gorgeous. I'll call you if I need to escape from a tower.

Anonymous said...

What a cool night! So are White House M&Ms different from regular M&Ms? Oh, and I totally dug your Al Franken story, too. Love it!