Thursday, April 23, 2009

How we told them

Some have been asking how we told our parents well, here you go:
My family:
We had not been to the Dr. when we sent our package to my family. We decided since we didn't have the token picture to send, and wanting to send it to them for Easter, we would play a little game with them. If you know me at all you know that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE board games! My brother's used to hate my night at family night when I got to choose the family activity of choice. I always wanted to play monopoly or candyland. THEY HATED THAT! hehehe...
Well, with that in mind, we sent each member of my family an egg. In the egg was a reese's cup (my fave) and a scrabble letter. The letter's spelled out "We are pregnant".
They opened it up when everyone was at my parent's house for lunch. According to my sister's-in-law, my mom went to town putting these letters together. She yelled at my dad to come see what she had done, or what we had done I guess. They told me that dad was in denial, that my mom just wanted it to say that (as she got all the letters in the right place), and made her try to make it say something else. They called to see if it wasn't something else and then my dad just asks, "Are you pregnant??" With everyone laughing and cheering in the background I had to tell my dad "yes." Bless his heart! His next sentence was "Well, I guess I don't need to have that 'other' talk with Matt now, huh?" HA! Needless to say, by 6:00pm that night, I think the entire town of Ft. Gibson knew they were going to be grandparents again. One sister-in-law said that my brother looked at her thinking it was her way of telling him they were going to have another baby... poor Darren.
Now Matt's family:
We had gone to the Dr. that afternoon before driving to Va Beach to see his parents, so we had proof in tow. We had actually bought some fun Easter eggs for them too, so on our way down we stopped off at Kinko's to make copies of the pictures for everyone to have in their eggs. On Saturday when everyone was over, Matt pulls out this Easter basket with the eggs in it. He said, "We found these funny joke eggs and wanted to share them with you. They're pretty hilarious, but just remember it's kind of a joke." I mean, what else is the poor guy going to say. I was dying eggs on one end of the kitchen with my little nephew and they were all at the other end around the table. Well, when the eggs came Kahmani ditched me, but whatever. So, everyone opened their eggs together. All I remember hearing was "ARE YOU SERIOUS???" and then screaming!! HA! My sister-in-law came ruuuunning over to me (she past Matt) with the biggest hug! I LOVED IT! Then next was his mom! I think they were excited! ha! It was so fun to see and hear our families reactions. It was such a great weekend.
November 11th! Ready or not here we come!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

You guys are so stinkin' creative! I LOVE it! It already sounds like you two will be the best parents : )