Friday, April 17, 2009

...the rest of the story

Well, as I said in my previous post, Mike, Shelly, Anderson, Matt and myself all went out to dinner for their farewell dinner. It was so fun!
Shelly was telling me all about the Oprah episode with the moms on there that were just giving advice and talking about pregnancy and motherhood. Well, it sounded like a good car crash to me, of course I asked questions.
Halfway through looking at the menu, Shelly starts playing a little Angela Lansbury detective style. She informs me that the crab cakes I thought I wanted were on the "bad foods list" along with the fried calamari. Well, it was a good thing I wanted the fried chicken fingers...
We start talking about the weekend, and Matt and I told them we were going to Matt's parents. "For what?" she asks with a very excited tone. I sadly had to burst her bubble to remind her it was Easter weekend and we hadn't seen Matt's family since Christmas.
I get a phone call from a source that shall remain nameless, but informed me that Shelly had a plan in her head of what Matt and I were "really" going to be doing in VA Beach. My source tells me that Shelly thought we were going to tell Matt's parents that we were pregnant and then we were going to call my parents and tell them, and then on Monday would tell everyone else.. Did I get that right, Shelly?
Well, miss Shelly, you were wrong. We didn't call my parents. We sent them a package that told them for us! :) But for the most part... you hit the nail on the head. :) How did you do that? Actually, Mike called the date EXACTLY!! So, technically, you were even out foxed by your husband. :)

10 weeks and counting...
Matt and I are very excited. (This was the first post Matt helped me write. I suspect there will be more Matt voice to come)

11 comments:

Melinda said...

NO WAY!!!!!! I am so excited for you right now!!!! I just got chills. Congrats : )

Kristie said...

Congratulations. How exciting! I'm so happy for you guys.

Mandy said...

Yay! I'm so glad it's out in the open. I can't keep a secret for that long! Sorry Shelly, I was sworn to BFF secrecy!

Mike said...

That's great guys, congrats!

P.S. I am available to read palms for a small fee.

Mike

Dara said...

Haha, I loved hearing about Shellys detective work I could totally see you stopping in mid seafood bite. I love you, Jayna, and your little fall baby.

Lindsay said...

Congrats! I'm 10 weeks too!! Your dad told my mom the whole story on Monday and was just so excited. We're very happy for you guys!! You'll be an awesome mom! Love you! Lindsay

Lindsay said...

I'm due November 13. What about you? I know we're really close! :)

Monica said...

JAAAAAYYYNNA - you're going to be a mommy! Congrats lady - I am SO excited for you guys! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Since Wendy has your blog as a link on her blog, I get to read it whenever I feel like seeing what y'all are up to. Chet & I are very happy for you and hope all is going well. Someday we'd love to come back to DC and do more sightseeing. The one week we had in 2003 just was NOT enough! Love ya, Chet & Denise Craig

Hi, I'm Ginny said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. You are going to be a fantastic mom. So exciting!

Emily said...

Congratulations, girl! SO happy for you!