Friday, April 17, 2009

Take me out to the ball game and then to KS...



Well, our "couple friends" Mike and Shelly have moved back to KS. In light of their last days in DC, the best thing to do was go to a Nationals' baseball game. They were playing the Baltimore Oriole's. Thanks to Ronnie Deck, we got our really awesome seats for free. It pays to know low people in high places. Needless to say, I think there was a good time had by all. Even little Anderson had fun!

Shelly and I enjoyed the chatting and the chili...


...but no one enjoyed the chili more than Michael...


Matt and I just enjoyed their company, as we do like the Nats, we usually go for beer and hotdogs. This time we went for the company, well, mainly to play with Anderson.

(I swear I didn't drop him)

A few days later, we had our farewell dinner with them at their favorite little place near where they were staying.
That's the thing about DC, people come and go here so quickly, but the best thing is is that you meet and make new friends! I'm very thankful that God brought them to DC and into our lives. We miss you guys already!

No comments: