Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You're going to put that where???

Well, Some of you have been asking about the Dr.'s visit and how that all went. Well, let's just discuss leading up to the visit. I called the day I found out to make the appointment, b/c that's what the box said to do. My Dr.'s knew before Matt! I just wanted to be fully prepared with information before I told him (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). We set it for 5 weeks from that day, so I would be 9 weeks pregnant at the visit. Do any of you know how hard it is to wait 5 weeks for anything??? I had to wait 5 weeks to tell my parents, 5 weeks to know if the baby is doing okay, 5 weeks to see a heart beat, 5 weeks to get that fun little picture you show off to all your friends and family!!! 5 WEEKS!!!! KILL ME NOW!!!
The week of the appointment rolls around. I couldn't believe it was finally here!! Luckily it went fast b/c I was helping with our VBS at church. Matt and I had a terrible argument on the Wed. prior. You know how couples are...
Friday finally gets here and we get into the dr.'s room. It was so awkward b/c I have never had a man in "that" room with me before. It was so weird. Long story short, my dr. walks in and, well, she is just great! She could tell I was nervous b/c I really just wanted to know that all was well in there. So I see her dressing this stick thing. (and by dressing, "you know what I mean!") I kind of looked at her with this eye of "where is that going to go?" It didn't phase Matt. When she said "you see that little flashy thing there", pointing to the screen. I said, "yes." She then said, "That's your baby's heart beating." I started to tear up and I looked at Matt and said "We have a heart beat." I knew at that moment that all was right with the world. I didn't in that moment understand how someone can say "there is no God" b/c looking at that screen, clearly there is and what an AMAZING God he is!
The rest was just routine. I didn't hear half of what she said to me and and what point I just said, "what?" and she looked at Matt and said, You got that, right? HA! It was funny! I do have pregnancy brain really badly. I FORGET EVERYTHING!!!! OY! But that was our Dr.'s visit. We are excited about our baby, our dr., the hospital, and the life's journey we have been set to now embark on. What a journey, and I hope I can remember to blog it! :)
ps. I promise a belly picture will come soon.

5 comments:

Melody said...

I'm laughing at the "dressing the stick thing"! Such a good way to put it! I'm so excited for you & all the fun you are going to have with your new little one! Congrats!

Michelle said...

yeah the stick thing pretty much sucks...love you!

Dara said...

Ha. Yeah that was one thing we forget to tell you. Sorry!

Newberry said...

Jayna, I'm so so excited for you and Matt! I love and miss you.

Stacey Cannon said...

Congratulations!!! You'll have to pass along the name of your OB...I need a new girly doc in DC! :)