Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Farewell to the family...

It was really hard for me to say farewell to my father, as he is one of the greatest infulences of my life. It just made he and I both taste the reality of my growing up as we both are growing older. Knowing I will see him again soon, it's hard to swallow the fact that I am not that little girl I once was, and he's not a car ride away anymore. Like I said earlier, the reality of change isn't always fun and can hurt one's heart, but is sometimes good for the soul. I think he and I realize that it's going to be okay. As Carrie Bradshaw (my fave) once said, "Seasons change, so do cities. People come into your life, and people go, but it's comforting to know that the ones you love will always be in your heart, and if your very lucky, a plane ride away."

No comments: