Thursday, February 23, 2006

I'm in a band...

Yeah, so my church has a band. Have no fear, it's not like LIFE church. It's more of a Saturday afternoon band. At my small group study one night the preacher was asking me if I played an instrument. I quickly let him know that if we aren't marching then I had nothing to give to his cause. He agreed the flute wasn't going to work, nor did he need a charismatic drum major. I told him I had sang once before in my lifetime, and I guess that was good enough to get hired for the job. (if only it was that easy in paying positions) We practice every Saturday for the "big" concert coming up in Mid March. I know all are going to fly up, come out, drive over, etc. to see what we have to offer. It's actually pretty cool because they use it as a Saturday night sort of outreach to the community kind of thing. I can honestly say that it is sort of exciting. I feel like I actually have a cause for being here, even if it has all been yet to be determined, it's still nice to feel like I'm a part of something. Even if it's something as small as a church band.

5 comments:

minus five said...

good thing you were in chorale at oc. i know that probably prepared you for the d.c. band the most. do you get to wear your burgundy dress from your chorale days to the big concert? if so, i will come down.

Mandy said...

Wow cool! Maybe you guys can open up for the MSB! What kind of music?

Dara said...

Yay! Jayna that's so fun. MRCC needs a band. Yeah I said it. I'm glad you're having a good time!!

Lailah Morris said...

yayayayaya! how much fun is that??
i want to come visit. i heart you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Well if you won't do A.I., you might as well do the church band. Get that finger ready! Please tell me someone will video tape this event. I'll be raisin' the roof in spirit. :)