Thursday, February 16, 2006

its a leaky situation...





As I was cleaning my place last Saturday morning (yes i clean) I found this spot on the wall. At the time I didn't realize just how bad it was until today. After calling down for the "A-team" to come fix the situation some arrived Monday afternoon to assess the damage. They left me a note saying they saw no problems. I had to call down and give them a piece of my mind (i.e. let them know they missed a spot). The two really intellegent teenagers they sent back couldn't believe they missed the large soaked spot on my wall. They said they would call and have someone here on Wed. to fix it. So, me being the woman I am moved around furniture yesterday morning to make sure nothing got on anything. I got home from a long days interview to find...the spot still staring my in the face. This morning I recieved a phone call from my good friend Lailah. I wasjust roaming the place in nothing but a tshirt and my cotton hanes her way, and as I am settling in to enjoy a good conversation and my "Today" show, to what to my dissmay, but a bang at the door. I start scrambling around the place for some pants. I'm telling Lailah that I'm not wearing pants and I need pants, I have to put the phone down to find pants. Another bang...still trying to find pants, as if I didn't know where any were, I found some and got to the door before they beat it down. Standing in front of me were one of the two guys from before and a new friend that had come to tear the place down to fix the leak. The door knob from before left, leaving me with a very nice spanish man and his saw. I wasn't scared at all!!! I enjoyed my Rice Krispies and "Today" as he hacked into my wall. Long story short, I now have to get part of my floor replaced (after they cut out the damaged part and the environmentalist comes to assess the mold situation), as well as the put my wall back together, replace the floor board, and repaint. I know!! And it's all because the guy above me had a leaky situation in his kitchen. Stupid GE products! Fortunately it's all going to be taken care of free of charge. However, I'm living with a large hole right now. I hope the woodland creatures that have settled in don't find their way to my place. It wouldn't be good for them, although it would be company and a pet.

5 comments:

fourth_fret said...

did the mold get your tongue?

;)

Dara said...

I'm going to have to ask you to update your blog. My life is very boring without you.

Anonymous said...

my favorite part of this whole situation -- aside from those fabulous hardwood floors -- is that you called woodland creatures "company and a pet."

i heart you.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Interior design schools ski town disable gmc passkey California baccarat whisky decanters Pixiepit scrabble game African american women hair loss cisco nac  cisco's nac Craps rules tips strategy

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »