Sunday, February 12, 2006

Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Well, it is snowing here. It's been snowing since Friday night/early Saturday morning. We have about 9 inches or so of snow on the ground right now (that I know of). Some parts of the city have about a foot or so, and it is soooo beautiful. I don't think it's going anywhere for a while, seeing as how it's 30 degrees out right now. The entire city is shut down, meaning very few people are out and about. I woke up this morning with the awesome news of no electricity. So, without hesitation I walked down to my favorite little Sunday brunch place and had a nice quiet breakfast. Normally this place has a line out the door with a 30 minute wait no matter how many are in your party. However, on this day there was seating galore with all the service a girl could ask for. Seeing as how I have no heat at my place I decided I would sit a while, drink some coffee, and read my Sunday Washington Post (I already read my People for the week). I am now at B&N doing a little blogging and a whole lot of staying warm. Church was canceled, so I'm just going to relax and enjoy my winter wonderland.

1 comment:

minus five said...

hey, freakin' chicken... where are the amazing pictures of the historical buildings you were going to take in their covered layer of snow? i'm about to post mine, so i win. and also, i imagine the brooklyn bridge would look amazing right now, but i'm not about to risk life and limb for a photo... or i might... depending on the boredom factor the rest of the day. that sucks about no electricity; maybe you should have taken the chinatown express up to ny for nor'easter 2006. at least we have electricity.