Monday, February 13, 2006

The rest of the story...





So, I left B&N yesterday, and not having electricity I decided to head downtown to take pictures of the snow covered capitol. I hadn't planned on staying out long. All of the buildings are just right there together, not too terribly bad to get around, right? Well, that's what I thought, and my plan would have worked except when it snows and they said the city shuts down, they weren't kidding. The metro closed in some areas. Riiiight. I get off of the metro at the Smithsonian and WOW, it was beautiful. It was exactly what I thought it was going to look like. It's funny because when it snows every human no matter age or occupation, we all resort back to the time when we were 12 and more than carefree. Walking around the mall I saw organized snowball fights, football games, ultimate Frisbee, tourists like myself, and yes, even some cross country skiers (that was the best one).
On my way back to the metro it started snowing again, which made me want to get home even faster. I found the metro I was looking for, which was a few blocks further than I thought, but it turned out to be closed. Right. So, I had to walk several extra blocks to get to the next metro. At first glance it didn't seem to be in too bad of an area, but as I got closer to the metro station I realized all of the homeless had gathered there for a long winters nap, and in turn those also gathered there were those who harass the homeless. I just followed another couple down and into the metro. I didn't really care at this point, I had been out for about 3-4 hours by this time and just wanted to get home. PS. Did I mention I got hit on during the ride metro ride out to my little excursion? Yeah, only this time it was a little unexpected...She was very nice, but not really my type. I had a feeling that point that I was in for some kind of a day. Needless to say, when I got home last night I stayed there.

5 comments:

Dara said...

HA! Jayna your updates are very much appreciated. I have to admit I'm envious of your snow day. Not so envious about the electricity situation. Hope you're staying warm!

Jayspee27 said...

well, by the time I got home the electricity was back on. Otherwise I would have had to jump out of the window due to sheer boredom.

Anonymous said...

this explains your delay in calling me back.

gorgeous pics!

lylas!

fourth_fret said...

are you sure the she was a she, and not a he dressed up like a she? 'cause you know, that is plausible.

of course, a he dressed up like a she would probably hit on a he, but...

i might be lost now. heh.

-c

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Mercedes car cover used car donation How to incorporate in oklahoma without a lawyer Browse 732 1 stop smoking