Wednesday, February 01, 2006

a week with my mom...


Well, my mom left and I am officially here by myself now. It's all up to me. I can't lie, I had a blast with my mom. Who knew that this could happen. We spent most of my life arguing over which suit I should wear to match what pumps with what color of hosiery. Yeah, that was my teenage years, on into the college years of thrift store shopping. We had a lot of fun. I did enough su doku to get me hooked. We went to the American History museum, the Capitol, the tall skinny thing called the Washington Monument, and Union Station. She said she's ready to come back to see more. She was put at ease about me living here after seeing my neighborhood and building, which makes me more at ease knowing that it's all going to be okay. I think her favorite part about me living here after seeing all of this is the Cheesecake factory that is just down the street. Who knew that life's greatest mysteries could be solved over a slice of cheesecake? Sue, that's who.

No comments: