Thursday, February 02, 2006

I got locked out...

So knowing me you have to know that there is always going to be something right? Well, I was on the phone with our fine congressman Rep. Istook. Seeing as how my building gets virtually no cell phone signal, and there was a loud talker in the conference room already, I had to pace the lobby as I talk. Why was I in my lobby you ask? Answer: Because I no longer get internet in the condo because the people I was stealing it from caught on to my plan. My lobby has free internet, so I go there now. Back to the story...So, there is a quick little phone interview going and I had to go outside to get better reception. Being completely enthralled in the conversation, as he was about to give me his email address to send him my resume, I realize I have no writing utensil. Well, run back in and get it you say. Well, I tried that, but much to my dismay and forgetfulness, realize the main doors are locked 24/7. I am now locked out of my building, I have an important phone call hanging on the line, and I have NO way in the building. As I am calmly telling him, "just one moment I have to get a writing utensil." while freaking out on the inside begin to tap on the window. Loud talker can't hear me because he is talking so loud and it echoes in here. I see a man, but as kind as he his he ignores me, knowing I just walked out. After about the longest two minutes of my life, amidst making stupid small talk with on of our states finest representatives, a woman from the corner office of our lobby lets me in. I make a mad dash for my pen and paper to avoid any more nonsense conversation, we all have a happy ending. The moral of this story...Talk on a land line. And it's not even lunch yet.

1 comment:

Dara said...

Oh Jayna. Just don't lock your keys in the car.