Thursday, February 02, 2006

Interesting...

Just when you think you have seen it all. I came down to the conference room to do the 'ole blog, and I walked into an interesting situation. It was needless to say a very humbling experience. A woman was feeding a man through a tube as he is a quadriplegic. They quite possibly two of the coolest people that I have met up to this point. You can tell that they care a great deal for each other. After talking to them, and watching him raise his chair back (which was the coolest thing ever), it put a lot of things in perspective for me. I may not have a job, but I still have two legs, and I can still chew my own food, so where has my positive attitude gone? They were really fun to talk to and hopefully I can see them again somewhere close to "feeding time" for more conversation and scoop on the story of what happened to my new quadriplegic friend. Tonight it's "small group Bible study" with complete strangers. It'll be good for a story tomorrow, I'm sure!

3 comments:

Lynn Valdez said...

You are a dang good person. I love you!

Anonymous said...

HELLO HUNNY! I just read through your entire blog and it just made me miss you!(Sharon showed it to me today at work) And it made me want to come to DC REALLY BAD! haha! It's so weird to work at the Admission's office and you not be there! But I am sooo excited about your adventure and I want to hear about it every chance you get! I love you Jayna Perry and hopefully I will talk to you soon!

Dara said...

I hope the bible study is great. I'm so proud of you for putting yourself out there. I want to be like you when I grow up:)