Sunday, February 12, 2006

The metro

Let me explain something really quickly here; the metro is a place where you meet all different types of people, and sometimes you get to meet those that are just different. Yesterday I was lucky enough to see a woman who was a little on the crazy side yell at and cuss out a concrete wall. I was going up the escalator leaving the metro as I heard a woman screaming. I turned around and saw her yelling at what I thought at the time was someone down behind the "down" escalator. I couldn't help but stare, as did everyone else, to see if this woman was in trouble or if she needed help. Well, she needed help, but I don't think that any one of us witnessing this event could really medicate her situation, as she was yelling at no one. After realizing I got off at the wrong stop, I had to go back down. Thinking I would pass her, by the time I got on the down escalator she was gone. My heart went out to her, but there was nothing I could have done to help, as I was quiet passer-byer.
The metro is an interesting place, you see all walks of life; lovers, those making love (seriously), business men, blue collars, homeless, jobless, teens, singles, mothers, babies, ipods, newspapers, germs, and depending on what time of day you ride, partiers, people just trying to pick up a one night stand, or someone just trying to get home to someone or their dog. The metro is interesting. It's a place you can either pick up a cold or pick up a guy, it depends on why you get on and where you get off.